I don’t mean to not post! I just don’t get around to it.
So instead of writing, I am:
- Rewatching Star Trek: TNG on Netflix. Actually Leaf started it a year ago? And I thought it was a good idea! So yeah, rewatch. Season 1 wasn’t so great…like it hadn’t hit its stride and was a bit uneven. I think so far the second half of the second season has been on an upswing. Recently, we’ve met the Borg! “Q Who” was a Borg and Q episode, together! I was excited. Edited to add: Ben mentions that Star Trek: The Next Generation is also available (and in HD) on Prime Instant Video. I fell asleep last night after like 1.5 episodes!
- Other shows I recommend watching: Orphan Black, The Wire (available on Amazon Prime), and Daredevil (fun, I thought, but not deep?).
- Read Uprooted by Naomi Novik, which was so good. It’s fantasy, fairy tale style. Reminded me a little bit of Robin McKinley? Which is a good thing for me, since I enjoy Robin McKinley books very much.
- I keep telling people about Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel because it was great. Post apocalyptic science fiction, but different. Not grim, but rather hopeful in a way? And I loved the “survival is insufficient” quote. Really resonated with me.
- Hanging out with baby. What can I say, there’s much attention required.
Obvs. in no particular order. :D And there’s probably more but honestly my brain is not super high functioning right now. I mean, even when compared to normal.